Company Terms and Conditions for The Smart Logistics.
Definitions And Interpretations
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“your” means the customer.
“we” means the company The Smart Logistics.
“us” means The Smart Logistics
“The Smart Logistics” means the company and business that provides the services.
Company registration number 13113412.
“destination address” means the address that the customer has given to The Smart Logistics for delivery (unloading) of goods.
“pickup address” means the address that the customer has given to The Smart Logistics for collection (loading) of goods.
“deposit” means initial part payment of monies paid to The Smart Logistics as an agreement to fulfill all discussed works including delivery to customer as specified in quote.
“Balance” means agreed monies owed to The Smart Logistics by customer for delivery of customers goods to destination address as cost specified in quote.
“Quote” the detailng of an agreement via email of specified works to be carried out by The Smart Logistics as well as its associated costs as would of been agreed between The Smart Logistics and named customer via email whereby the payment of a deposit constitutes the customers acceptance of this agreement.
1. You are entitled to an immediate refund of any initial deposit paid less any costs we would have spent towards your move ahead of cancellation i.e purchase of packing material plus a £30 admin charge. You must notify us at least 72 hours before your scheduled move date for this to be effective. Any cancellations after this period of time will forfeit your deposit and we will not be liable to repay any deposit unless expressly discussed and agreed via email with The Smart Logistics.
2.a All balances become due and must be paid immediately on the specified day of delivery as per quote discussed between the customer and The Smart Logistics.
2.b Normally all balances are paid via instant bank transfer by the customer to The Smart Logistics business account after unloading at destination address however we reserve all rights to request full balance payment before unloading at any destination (delivery) address given to The Smart Logistics by the customer at our discretion and any intitial payment of a deposit from the customer to The Smart Logistics constitutes the customers contractual acceptance of these terms.
2.c If there is any refusal to pay such balance prior to unloading then we also unconditionally reserve the right to hold/store customers goods for an additional hourly charge of £50 per hour per vehicle or fixed charge of £250 per vehicle per day which will immediately form an additional cost to the original agreed amounts on quote as until the customer decides to pay respective monies owed. Additionally should 7 calendar days have elapsed from the initial agreed day of delivery and the customer has not finalized outstanding payments as per above then we unconditionally reserve the right as a company to dispose of or sell any or all items in our possession which would of been initially collected from the customers address to recuperate costs and any payment of an initial deposit to The Smart Logistics constitutes the customers contractual acceptance of these terms.
3.a As per agreed moving dates we would expect to have access to destination property for unloading within 4 hours of arriving at pickup address for loading. This is to prevent long unnecessary waiting times for staff. Should you think that there will be delays with obtaining keys and accessing destination property then this must be notified to The Smart Logistics immediately on 02086904091 or email email@example.com
3.b Any pre-agreed costs as per quote will cover the customer for the period of time as stated above unless otherwise agreed in writing.
If there is any extensive waiting time for access to destination property for unloading beyond this timeframe of 4hours then The Smart Logistics reserves the right to additionally bill the customer £60 per hour per vehicle for each hour that we have to wait for access to destination property unless previously expressly agreed with customer as per wait time and access.
4. The customer agrees that the standard distance between the pick-up/destination address and where we park our vehicle for loading/unloading is no more than 30 meters. For distances over 30 meters we will charge an additional fee that will be advised at time of survey.
5. It is the customers responsibility whilst we are present at destination property to check that all valuable items are present and not missing after they had been delivered. Claims for missing items will not be upheld once we have left the destination address.
6. Your items are covered by our Goods In Transit policy during transport from pickup address to destination address. We will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs during any dismantling and/or reassembling service of any furniture , appliances or anything else that you may commission us to carry out this service for. Additionally any claim for damage (whilst in transit) must be reported within 24 hours by calling 02086904091 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. We The Smart Logistics will always advise the customer of an approximate start (loading) time however the customer understands that there will be circumstances beyond our control where our start time is delayed however we will always complete any agreed job for our customer on the specified day and that payment of a deposit constitutes the customers contractual acceptance of these terms. As a result of any given circumstance by The Smart Logistics the customer cannot then choose to make any cost (quote price adjustments) or make any demands for full/partial refund or refuse to pay at all before or after unloading. Any attempt to do so will mean the customer is in breach of our agreement and we The Smart Logistics reserve all rights to exercise section 2.c of our Terms and Conditions.
8. LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and The Smart Logistics shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and The Smart Logistics and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.